Re: [decision] new patch management system in xorg-x11

david_nusinow@verizon.net (David Nusinow) writes:

> The modularization effort seems to be progressing,
> but if we can move to quilt rapidly then we'll be all the better for it,
> since that experience can be applied to the modular tree packaging when
> it's ready.

Why not move directly to packaging the modular tree?  Time spent working on
putting a monolithic x.org build in Debian seems like wasted time to me.

Helping drive completion of the work to make packaging the modular tree
possible is the sort of stuff we're collectively pretty good at, and it'd be
great to put Debian in a "leadership" position in the larger X community.

Thoughts?

Bdale