Adding a keyboard to Xfree

Hi!

Warning: This might be a packaging issue only.

I developed my own keyboard mapping for XKB (based on my keyboard,
however I did add a lot of fancy chars that I needed so type spanish,
italian and other european languages on a regular basis via AltGr+key,
I could fit in most of latin-9 charset).

To have it work fully, I had to manually edit /etc/X11/xkb/symbols.dir.
However, this means each upgrade is slightly annoying (asking me wether
I want to replace .../symbols.dir with the provided version).

I would also like to package my keyboard, to deploy it on a large
number of computers. The modification of symbols.dir would therefore
be unpractical and against the Debian packaging rules (no conffile
should be modified by two packages).

How could I solve this? Any idea?
--
JCD