Re: licensing of commit to XFree86 CVS

Hi Christoph

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

> Okay, I looked over lnx_kbd.c, there's two thing that sprang to my mind:
>
>  - the ifndef sparc and comment below is obviously wrong, the ioctl is
>    implemented in Linux common code, specifically vt_ioctl.c.
>  - fd 0 for the ioctl seems bogus. These ioctls are on the console
>    device, and to my reading of the X source that would be
>    xf86Info.consoleFd (?)
>
> So what about the following unutested patch:

Sorry but i can't accept an untested patch. Would you mind to give it a
shot at least? Unfortunatly, I have seen the code of the original fix and
i can't comment on it, other than say that you are going in the right
direction.

Thanks
Fabio

--
<user> fajita: step one
<fajita> Whatever the problem, step one is always to look in the error log.