Re: X Strike Force Xcursor SVN commit: r50 - trunk/debian

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 03:43:54AM +1000, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 12:28:46PM -0500, X Strike Force SVN Repository Admin wrote:
> > Add versioning to libxcursor1's shlibs information, since Xcursor 1.1.2
> > added a member to the XcursorImages structure and added the
> > XcursorImagesSetName() and XcursorLibraryPath() functions.
>
> Branden, are we allowed to do this without bumping soname?

You mean soversion, not soname.

> I thought you had to bump the second number for additions, first for
> removals.

Yes.  But nothing was removed, just added.  Another caveat is that
structure members can only be added to the *ends* of structures.

> But I could be wrong.
>
> :) d, too deep in X server code to try to remember the specifics of
> library versioning

If you remember that the previously-packaged version of Xcursor for
Debian was 1.0.2, I don't think there's a problem here.  Everything
appears to be by the book.

However, if you disagree, please let me know.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     When I die I want to go peacefully
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     in my sleep like my ol' Grand