XFree86 X server: does loading the dri module still hose sunffb users?

Hi folks,

I have the following in xserver-xfree86.config:

  # server modules to load
  # XXX: damnit, explicitly loading the dri module is broken for sunffb users :-P
  db_get xserver-xfree86/config/device/driver
  if [ "$ARCH" = "sparc" ] && [ "$RET" = "sunffb" ]; then
    MODULE_LIST="GLcore, bitmap, dbe, ddc, extmod, freetype, glx, int10, record, speedo, type1, v4l, vbe, xtt"
  else
    MODULE_LIST="GLcore, bitmap, dbe, ddc, dri, extmod, freetype, glx, int10, record, speedo, type1, v4l, vbe, xtt"
  fi

This dates back to XFree86 4.1.0:

xfree86 (4.1.0-17) unstable; urgency=low

[...]
  * debian/xserver-xfree86.config:
[...]
    - do not explicitly load the "dri" module on the sparc architecture if the
      sunffb driver is being used, because of an apparent upstream bug in the
      module loader (thanks, Ben Collins)

 -- Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>  Fri, 24 May 2002 01:26:13 -0500

Can someone who uses the sunffb driver tell me if this is still
necessary with XFree86 4.3.0?  I'd like to take that kludge out.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Don't use nuclear weapons to
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     troubleshoot faults.