Re: Processed: 008_fix_xgetpw_macro.diff breaks Xlib API.

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 10:48:08AM -0700, Debian Bug Tracking System wrote:
> [stuff]

For record, the report concerns the fact that _Xgetpwnam semantics
changed in 4.3.0.

Personally, I don't think any external lib should be using, much less
relying on, macros from other libraries whose names start with an
underscore: that's generally interpreted to mean 'internal symbol'.

I'm unsure as to what to do with this bug - Branden?

I don't know if we can give it a default value, because I've been doing
X code for the last few hours now, and I want to get at least an hour of
sleep before I have to get up for uni.

--
Daniel Stone                                                <daniels@debian.org>
Debian: the universal operating system                     http://www.debian.org