Re: ati driver shows nothing on screen, but server runs

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 12:46, simon@nuit.ca wrote:

> when i exec startx, the server starts up fine, but when the monitor
> switches mode (going from fb console to fb xfree, dunno what the word is
> for that),

The atimisc driver for Mach64 based hardware doesn't support Option
"UseFBDev".

> instead of the monitor staying on, it switches off, and stays off.
>

> to me this is usually a sign the modelines are off, and need tweaking,

Maybe just the sync ranges in the Monitor section; older Apple hardware
tends to require special treatment there.

> XFree86 Version 4.3.99.12 (DRI trunk)

You shouldn't report problems with unofficial packages here. The
documentation of my packages clearly states where to report problems; if
you disagree, patches are welcome.

The dri-trunk packages don't offer anything for Mach64 based hardware
anyway (then again, you override the module path to the modules provided
by xserver-xfree86, but seem to have overwritten the atimisc driver with
one which contains DRI support? Quite a mess...).