Re: X11R6.7

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 10:44:46PM -0400, David Nusinow wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 03:16:03PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > I think it might be easier to transition our developers and users if we
> > packaged the X.Org monolithic tree, adding stuff from modular tree in
> > parallel as it becomes available.
>
> I suppose that the current packaging would transition over well to the
> X.org tree, making a rollout relatively easy in comparison with a
> completely retooled xizzle tree. Has anyone looked at how much new work
> would have to be done for packaging the X.org tree?

You still need to rename all the packages (including, but not limited
to, the source package), and deal with all the s/XFree86/Xorg/ mess.
It's very, very non-trivial.

--
Daniel Stone                                                <daniels@debian.org>
Debian: the universal operating system                     http://www.debian.org