Re: Xfree configuration hangs when installing from scratch.

On Tue, Feb 29, 2000 at 06:20:05AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2000 at 06:07:47PM -0800, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:
> >     Randolph> This is xviddetect's fault. dhd has offered to send me some code to do
> >     Randolph> basically what you suggested. i hope to have some time to look at this soon
> >     Randolph> myself as well. how do you detect if fbdev is actually enabled in the kernel?
> >
> >  What about just grepping for it's symbols in the system.map file?
>
> The system map may be desync'ed from the installed kernel.

 try /proc/ksyms, which exist in (newer?) 2.2.x kernels.  It might not have
all the symbols System.map has, but I bet it would have some relevant to
fbdev, since fbdev is not small.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y
DUPS Secretary ; http://is2.dal.ca/~dups/