Re: Contrib to Website

On Fri, 2021-10-22 at 12:43 -0400, KYLE LYON wrote:

> What is the signature.asc file and how do I use it?

That is a digital signature which can be used to prove that I wrote the
message that I sent and no-one modified it in transit. The signature is
in the OpenPGP format. Many email programs can automatically verify
OpenPGP signatures, but notably GMail cannot. Debian also uses OpenPGP
to sign and verify package uploads and to sign and verify our apt
repositories and to sign tags and commits in our git repositories.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenPGP
https://help.riseup.net/en/security/message-security/openpgp/best-practices

--
bye,