Re: Debian Wiki Migration to MediaWiki

Alright, let's dismiss the migration. Now consider whether these features from MediaWiki are appropriate or not,
from my previous message:
- Anonymous editing
- Log searching, when no articles found
- User Talk page
- License notice on the footer
- Page templates
On 02/08/19 17.10, Carsten Schoenert wrote:
Am 02.08.19 um 11:51 schrieb Bagas Sanjaya:
$someone has to do it. ;)
Please, don't top posting.
I haven't done any top posting. Or I'm blind to see what you mean.

https://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2019/08/msg00011.html

I talk here about migration proposal. Please read the context.
I've read your email well.
But you probably don't see the current costs or the real possibility to
get your suggestion.

It's useless in my eyes to post proposal after proposal without having a
view if the proposal is doable.

Debian is managed by 'do-ocrasy', so called by the ex DPL Zack.
Means as long people doing the work nobody will stop them.

Don't get me wrong, if you have deep experience about to migrate from
MoinMoin to MediaWiki please feel free to do it, you will get help. At
some point this will need support by DSA and other people deeply
involved in services around the websites. And these are to few people.

I predict you will get not that much (or quite zero) support, people
like pabs and Sledge are already key player in many roles and have
filled their free times slots almost completely. Without these two
persons quite nothing will go.

So I will shut up myself now, I can provide zero to a migration and I'm
unable to help with anything related to this.

--
An old man doll... just what I always wanted! - Clara