Re: Changes about release cycle in /releases/index

在 2017年9月28日星期四 CST 上午8:49:22,Laura Arjona Reina 写道:
> Hello Boyuan
> I see you have committed recently this:
>
> https://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/webwml/webwml/english/releases/index.wml?r
> 1=1.67&r2=1.68
>
> Given that:
>
> * Adding paragraphs in English pages affect translations too
> * Info about when do we release is quite important
>
> I suggest that such changes are discussed in this list prior to committing
> (opening a bug report or informing the list and committing some days later
> if there are no objections).
>
> I have some concerns about the text; Debian is famous for releasing "when
> it's ready" and we may need to explain it (vs the "regular" that you
> mention).

Yes, you are right. We might need to find some other words that can describe
Debian's release cycle more accurately. However, users do expect a description
about time period ("release when it's ready" is too inexplicit).

> Additionally, I think it's better to add the corresponding paragraphs to the
> debian-faq package (or other documentation or web pages) and link to them,
> instead of linking to wiki pages (that can be changed by almost anybody).

I couldn't find any other (official) pages that describe such information (except
Wiki). Even release.debian.org fails to provide such information.

> What do others think?
>
> Cheers
> Laura Arjona Reina
> https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona