Re: migration of www-master.debian.org to stretch; issue when building the release notes

Hi,

Tomas Pospisek <tpo2@sourcepole.ch> wrote:
> xmlroff has the same package version 0.6.2-1.3 in both jessie and
> stretch, so one would reasonably expect for that package to behave
> similarily in both stretch and jessie. So the problem you found above
> looks like a regression. Maybe Gnome in stretch has seen some changes
> that makes xmlroff not find the corresponding parts of gnome any more
> during runtime. Anyway, if that would be the case, then that dependency
> should be somehow visible in the Depends:/Recommends:/Suggests: of the
> package, which, as far as I can see, is not the case.
>
> So again I'd suggest to either file a bug report against xmlroff or to
> talk to the maintainer.

This is likely to gain no success, because xmlroff has been orphaned.
So no maintainer :-(

Since the problem is with pdf variants for Squeeze (!), disabling the
pdf variants for those release-notes would be a way to work around this
problem? Squeeze is old for ages, so missing pdfs should be no problem there.

(PS: Is this really correct, that release-notes are still build for those old
releases on-the-fly? I would have thought that those documents are extracted
from the relevant existing packages, here: release-notes in squeeze.
Maybe I am missing something ... )

Holger

Created with Sylpheed 3.5.1 under the   n e w
	D E B I A N   L I N U X   9   " S T R E T C H " .