Re: Missing: debian-user-german-FAQ

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 10:04 PM, T. Templin wrote:

> The page "https://lists.debian.org/debian-user-german/"; has a link to
> "http://www.debian.org/debian-user-german-FAQ"; which doesn't exist (404)

To be more precise, at some point between 2010-12-18 and 2011-02-16,
www.de.debian.org became a redirect to www.debian.org. It seems when
that happened we lost our copy of the FAQ.

https://wayback.archive.org/web/20101218051220/http://www.de.debian.org/debian-user-german-FAQ/
https://wayback.archive.org/web/20110216163158/http://www.de.debian.org/debian-user-german-FAQ/

> Could you please fix this and put it online again.
> The debian-user-german-FAQ is the "mother of list FAQs" a de facto standard
> and copied by many other lists.
> It shouldn't get lost, please.

It appears that the version on www.de.d.o was only ever a mirror and
the official location was here but that now gives a 403 error:

http://dugfaq.sylence.net/

According to the latest version of that site on archive.org, the
document was last updated in 2004 so it is probably not very useful
any more since Debian and Linux have changed quite a bit in the last
10 years.

https://wayback.archive.org/web/20110131034849/http://dugfaq.sylence.net/

The document was created by Janto Trappe (CCed), but he seems to have
abandoned it. Janto, is that the case or do you plan to update it in
the future?

T. Templin, is there anyone from debian-user-german willing to adopt
this document if Janto doesn't plan on working on it? If so, the
DebianDoc-SGML source is still available on archive.org and joining
the Debian Documentation Team, putting it in their git/SVN repo,
switching the format to DocBook and putting it on the website next to
other docs like the normal Debian FAQ seems like the way to go here.
Alternatively it could be converted to wiki format and put on the
Debian wiki.

https://wayback.archive.org/web/20060920102347/http://dugfaq.sylence.net/dug-faq.sgml.tar.gz
https://wayback.archive.org/web/20061010154431/http://www.de.debian.org/debian-user-german-FAQ/dug-faq.sgml.tar.gz
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DDP