Re: Translating packages.debian.org (Call for translations)

On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 02:32:36PM +0200, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> Hello Frank,
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 12:04:49AM +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> > The files to translate are available from the git repository. You can
> > either download them from the webinterface
> > http://git.debian.org/?p=webwml/packages.git;a=tree;f=po;hb=HEAD
> > (follow the "raw" links)
> > or clone the git repository from
> > git://git.debian.org/webwml/packages.git
>
> Does not work:
> #>git clone git://git.debian.org/webwml/packages.git
> Initialized empty Git repository in /scr/build/src/CVS/pdo/packages/.git/
> fetch-pack from 'git://git.debian.org/webwml/packages.git' failed.
>
> (works with dpkg, so my local git seems working)

Uups. That should be git://git.debian.org/git/webwml/packages.git
(Note the additional git/ )

> > Members of the webwml group have write access to the repository
> > mentioned above. If you want, you can push your changes directly
> > to the repository. replace git:// with ssh:// in the URL.
>
> Well, git.debian.org knows my passphrase, yet the prompt asks me for
> my password (which it does not accept).

This is the same machine as svn.debian.org and
alioth.debian.org. So it should work either for all of them or for none.
(excluding local configuration problems)

> > non-DDs with write access to the website CVS are not automatically
> > added to the webwml project on alioth, please ask me to do this
> > manually (the alioth web interface has means to do that).
>
> Please add me.

What is your alioth account name? kreutzm-guest?

> > 2) .pot regeneration
> > --------------------
>
> Is this done automatically on a regular basis?

It is done during the daily cronjob. Whether I acutally commit these
changes is a whole other topic. But now that one can actually use the
translations, I plan to do this, yeah. I usually let changes linger a
few days in the master branch before merging them to debian-master which
is the code run on packages.debian.org. So if people are interested in
updating their translations regulary, they should subscribe to
debian-www-cvs@lists.debian.org where pushes to the git.debian.org
repository are announced, and update their .po files once I push changes
to the .pot files to the master branch.

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>