Re: Debian WWW CVS commit by bertol: webwml/english/Bugs server-control.wml

Le dimanche 24 juin 2007, Adam D. Barratt écrivit :
> On Sun, 2007-06-24 at 11:59 +0200, Nicolas Bertolissio wrote:
> > Sorry, I'm going to revert this change so, but I don't understand the
> > meaning of this sentense. Please Don, could you explain in other words
> > what this command does so I can translate this correctly into French.
[...]
> It's now possible to unarchive a bug using the new "unarchive" command.
> One can also re-archive such a bug using "archive" which will
> immediately return the bug's state to "archived", assuming it still
> meets the criteria usually applied for archiving (with the exception
> that any time-based criteria are ignored).
>
> One cannot, however, use "archive" to archive a bug that has not
> previously been archived. The first archiving of a bug will occur when
> it meets the BTS' criteria for doing so, and cannot be forced to occur
> at an earlier time.
>
> The wording of Nicolas's change does not differentiate between the case
> of a bug that has been unarchived using "unarchive" and a bug that has
> never been archived before. I assume that's what Don is objecting to -
> "archive" can only be used to /re/-archive a previously archived bug.

Thanks,

maybe we could make this sentence better as other people may ask for
explaination:

<dd>
Re-archives a bug that has been unarchived manualy using the
<code>unarchive</code> command if the bug fulfills the requirements for
archival, ignoring time.
</dd>

--
  .~.    Nicolas Bertolissio