Re: "oldstable" vs "old stable" in security bulletins

On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 05:55:15PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jun 2007, Peter Karlsson wrote:
>
> > Sarge is referred to as "oldstable" in the security announcements.
> > Shouldn't it be "old stable" (as was used about Woody when Sarge was
> > released)?
>
> The string "oldstable" is the string you would use in /etc/apt/sources.list,
> so it should be the correct one. See
>
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists

The 'oldstable' distribution as referenced in
http://security.debian.org/dists/ is also the old stable :-)

As a DSA translator, we translate it as "the old stable distribution"
with words separated.
Security team, is there a single DSA template, so that it can be translated
once to ease the translation ?

On top of this :

~/debian/webwml/english/security$ rgrep "oldstable" * | wc -l
40

~/debian/webwml/english/security$ rgrep "old stable" * | wc -l
515

Regards,

--
Simon Paillard