Re: description are confusing on sarge update site

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 02:16:55PM +0200, ch.scharrel@gmx.de wrote:
> i had trouble to find out to get the right packages for sarge. Today I
> found your site “Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 updated” and an explanation

please be more specific, which page?
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/?

> about to update sources.list for apt.get.
>
> I am confused that you point at the oldstable branch but in the
> example down side you talk about
> “http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/”; but there is “etch”
> hosted not “sarge”.

OK, so it needs to be fixed but where?

> If you take a look on http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists you will find
> many directories, but what is the right on? Can you put a hint on it?

Sarge is 3.1. Please note that Etch (4.0) is a newer stable distribution.

> Thanks and be not confused about my little english

You could also write German if English is a problem for you, but
English is preferred.

If you want to download a single package only you can do so from
http://package.debian.org.

PS: Please wrap your lines after 76 characters. Look at your mail in the
archive (lists.debian.org) to find out why.

Jens