Re: Doubts and Ideas

On Thu, 31 May 2007 19:55:26 -0700, Don Armstrong <don@debian.org> said:

>> I specifically do not trust the SPI enough to allow them to relicense
>> my work in the future.

> This sort of relicensing should be done at the direction of Debian; we
> could even write up the license assignment so this was required. Plus,
> the worst that could happen is the work would become closer to PD; it
> wouldn't be capable of going backwards in freedom granted.

> Would such a license be acceptable to you?

        While my preference is the GPL V2; I would be willing to accept
 any DFSG free license, if asked.  But signing away my rights mean that,
 in theory, Debian can decide to change the license to something
 unacceptable (look at documentation the FSF changed from GPL to GFDL,
 and none of the authors had _any_ say in that).

        Not assigning copyright helps keep Debian honest.

        manoj
--
"I went to the museum where they had all the heads and arms from the
statues that are in all the other museums." -- Steven Wright