Re: #315371: Optimization of PNG images on the www

Florian Ludwig wrote:
> Hello,
>
> though the report is old the author is right. There is a easy and nice
> tool called 'optipng' in sid and testing that should do the job. (I'm
> not sure if the attached pics are up to date)
>
> I hope someone will at least replace the images that are already png's
> and close the bug.
>
> see:
>
> greetings,
> Florian Ludwig

Hello again,

I hoped someone would do this but it seems nobody is interested in it.
I think there are some more bugs that should be closed but i have no
access [i'm not a DD] so i hope someone with access will have a look at
the following list where i began to collect some informations about bugs
that should be easy to close...

#324142
www.debian.org: Out of date translation not mentioned

Seems to be corrected but not closed.

 #263553
experimental not described on the release page

experimental is not a hole distribution so there are no releases and so
it shouldn't be one the release page
So, move to 'Will Not Fix' ?

#302287
www.debian.org: Link of dev-ref is broken in japanese html

It seems so that there is just no Japanese version, so could someone
please remove the link [0].

#298759
www.debian.org: "Why Debian" page contains paragraph that seems dated

the second sentence of this paragraph at the why debian page [1]:
"NT and XP have shown themselves to be very bad also."
So also new and "up-to-date" systems are mentioned and so the bug can be
closed.

greetings,
Florian Ludwig

[0] http://www.nl.debian.org/doc/devel-manuals#devref