Re: Debian TODO list

Le mardi 25 avril 2006 à 21:54 +0200, Johan Walles a écrit :
> Hi!
>
> I saw the Debian TODO list at "http://www.debian.org/devel/todo/";, and
> you're the contact person for having things added to it.

I'm sorry, but to avoid dispersion, I have stopped doing WWW stuff. I'm
forwarding this email to the appropriate people.

BTW, could you guys change the contact email? You can also remove me
from the webwml group.

I also wonder whether this list is needed anymore. There is a wiki now,
which is a more suitable place for such listings.

> What's required for getting things onto that list?
>
> I think the following Ubuntu specification would be good for Debian
> (as well as Ubuntu where the spec is coming from):
> https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+spec/automated-problem-reports
>
> From the abstract:
> "
> Crashes of userspace applications, as well as packaging related
> failures, should be detected automatically so the user gets an easy to
> use frontend for adding information to the problem report and is
> offered to send the report to our database. This also involves
> providing debug symbols to automatically generate good backtraces.
> "
>
> A more in-depth description of a suggested implementation is available here:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AutomatedProblemReports
>
> Ubuntu isn't putting any resources into this, so there won't be any
> double work done if this was implemented for Debian.
>
>   Cheers //Johan

Regards,