Re: Misformatted Webpage

On Fri, 07 Apr 2006, Denzel Turner wrote:
> I am a *nix Newbie and noticed your webpage:
> http://packages.debian.org/stable/, was formatted incorrectly near
> the bottom fourth of the page.

Looking at it here, I don't see it malformatted. Could you describe
what is wrong with it or provide a screenshot?

> I like this Open Source Stuff, but where does one begin reading to
> get information organized correctly on using Debian? I am reading
> the Debian Systems book and it seems good, but I believe the folks
> who built the distribution usually have the best documentation on
> their achievement.

_The Debian System_ is written by a Debian Developer (Martin Kraft),
and was reviewed by a handfull of other Debian Developers, so it's
fairly accurate. For other documentation, see
http://www.debian.org/doc and in particular,
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/reference.en.html

Also, there is rather copious documentation available in man pages,
info pages, and /usr/share/doc/<packagename>/

Finally, debian-user@lists.debian.org is the best list to help you out
with more user-oriented questions like this.

Don Armstrong

--
If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its
freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money it