Re: Broken link: libpng3

On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 01:57:14AM -0700, itworks wrote:
> I'm trying to download the libpng3 package but the link (/debian-security)
> reports: "The requested URL /debian-security/pool/updates/main/libp/libpng3/
> libpng3_1.2.1-1.1.woody.3_i386.deb was not found on this server. "
>
> Would you please fix as I'm trying to install Opera Browser for Linux
> and this package is one of the "Depends".

  This file is no longer available and the link will not be fixed.

  That version of libpng3 was the result of a security update to the
 version of libpng3 which was in place when Debian stable was released.
 This was described in DSA-213 which you can read here:

	http://www.debian.org/security/2002/dsa-213

  Since that time other security updates have been made to libpng3, so
 the older versions have been removed from the Debian security update
 directory to be replaced with fixed versions.

  The most recent libpng3 related advisory was DSA-536 which you can
 read here:

	http://www.debian.org/security/2004/dsa-536

  That advisory contains a link to the latest working libpng3 package
 for Debian stable.

  If this doesn't work with your Opera installation please report it
 to them.

Steve
--
# The Debian Security Audit Project.