Search interface for mailing list sucks

Hello,

today I tried

     http://lists.debian.org/search.html

to search for a certain subject I was sure that it exists in one of the
mails I was seeking for and selected the according mailing list.  The search
did not found any result.  I'd like to generalize this experience and have
to admit that I was never able to find anything useful in this search form.

I'd like to ask now others about their experiences.  I'm to busy to search
the BTS for relevant bug reports but I hope we could come up with a reasonable
way to go to fix this brocken search page.

Kind regards

         Andreas.