Re: debian mentors FAQ

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 01:34:00PM -0700, Matt Kraai wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 02:01:49AM +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 04:35:25PM +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
> > > What do you think of adding a link to your "Unoffical debian mentors
> > > FAQ" on http://www.debian.org/doc/devel-manuals?
> >
> > I've got no problems with it.  It's fairly commonly referenced on d-mentors,
> > so I guess most people there like it, especially since I haven't gotten any
> > hate mail about it.  <g>
> >
> > It all really depends on whether the webmasters think my little FAQ deserves
> > status amongst the big guns of Debian documentation...
>
> Could this information be integrated with the Developers'
> Reference?

It isn't exactly reference material.  It could possibly be an appendix to
the NewMaint guide, but I don't think it quite has the right tone.  It
rehashes a lot of what's said in the DevRef and NewMaint (where appropriate)
and references those two documents at times.  It really is a list of
Frequently Asked Questions for d-mentors, and that's what it's intended
audience is.

The one thing I wouldn't mind getting is a link to the FAQ in the d-mentors
list information, but I haven't had the motivation to ask listmasters or
whoever to make the changes in the right places.

- Matt