Re: An open letter to the open source community about the security of open source pr

    An open letter to the open source community about the security of open
    source projects.

Please don't think of the GNU system as an "open source project".  GNU
is a free software project, part of the free software movement.  "Open
source" is the label of a philosophy that we disagree with.  I don't
know whether anyone reading this is an really advocate of open source;
the names that I recognize mostly are free software advocates.

The GNU Project is willing to work with the proponents of open source
on practical issues like this one, when that is practically useful,
provided that we can do so without appearing to endorse the open
source philosophy itself.  If the activity is labeled as "free
software and open source", or "FLOSS", that solves this problem.