Who's using Debian?

1.
Division: High Energy Physics Group, Institute for Theoretical Physics
Country: Austria

2.
Educational

3.
http://hep.itp.tuwien.ac.at

4.
numbers: 5 server, 29 workstations, 3 Notebooks
history: except for one heretic (who uses Slackware) we all use Debian
ever since said heretic introduced it to the institute in the mid
1990ies (he switched later, God knows why...)
software: mostly scientifically relevant stuff like LaTeX, C++, some
graphic tools like xfig, standard apache and e-mail/internet stuff and
things that help to scan and burn
why we run it: very convenient upgrading mechanism, security issues,
rarely need the latest drivers for fancy hardware anyway (so no drawback
in using Debian), installation via net (local mirror) straightforward -
well, and of course additionally all the standard reasons why Linux over
Windows, but that is not Debian specific

[INSERT NICE QUOTE HERE]