Re: enable searching East Asian words at search.debian.org

Hi,

From: csmall@enc.com.au (Craig Small)
Subject: Re: enable searching East Asian words at search.debian.org
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 16:19:29 +1000

> Yes, you are right I am confusing the two issues.  I can easily, well
> almost easily, make a special search.d.o set of binaries and they can
> have little or no bearing on the packages...

This must be easy, because you are willing to force all Japanese
mnogosearch users to do this and I will agree on it.

> It gets us back to the original problem that what is the license for
> ipadic?  And libchasen is broken.

How this should be fixed, Nokubi-san?  Does Kakashi or MeCab have an
emulating layer (API) for Chasen?  Or, any alternatives already
available for ipadic?  mnogosearch seems to use chasen_sparse_tostr()
and chasen_getopt_argv().

> Why is it broken?
> It won't work without some files that are not part of the package.
> These files are nowhere to be seen and there is no documentation on
> how these files are supposed to come about nor what format they are in.

I don't understand why you say so strongly.  Yes, it is a bug.  However,
did you document that Debian mnogosearch package is compiled with
eliminating east Asian support?  This is just as severe as that.

Anyway, Nokubi-san is a maintainer of chasen packages and I hope he
will fix this soon.

> That can all be solved I'm sure, but its no use asking admins to put
> libchasen on until this is fixed or a work-around is found.

A work-around.  "apt-get install libchasen-dev ipadic" instead
of "apt-get install libchasen-dev".

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/