Recent items by date

Hi.

I've completed the new recent_list version. Most time I invested for
backward compatibility. But it seems to work now for all uses I've
found. Only change for the old invocations: Past events are not sorted
chronological but reverse chronological as all other items. This is
changed by intention.

If you want to test the new version, you can download it under
http://www.lichtenheld.de/debian-www/recent_list.wml

If you specify 'bydate' as format, you can use instead of the year in
the first argument all specifications valid for parse_time (see
documentation in file). Rest of documentation can be faulty due to
massive changes in the last days.

Why a new version? It can sort items by their dates and so you can
specify a timeframe and not only a hard number of items to be shown.
(can close: #156679: www.debian.org: Recent security advisory list too
short.)
And it supports also more than one date for security reports (can
close: #133800: Sorting of security items hides "new" old bugs [merged
with #161117, #161118])

One problem I saw just these days: For DSA 258 the specified date is
February 10th. When you release a bug so late, I think you either must
specify two dates or set it to the real release date. What do you
think?

Greetings,
	Frank

After all the problems with the backward compatibility I had, I
perhaps go for the events handling as a next task (see website-todo).
Let's see.

--
*** Frank Lichtenheld <frank@lichtenheld.de> ***
          *** http://www.djpig.de/ ***