Re: Question to the wml encoding of e-mailadresses on the website

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 12:50:57AM +0100, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> While I worked on the translation of a document from the website, I wonder
> if there is any explanation why some e-mailadresses are written
> <kbd>some@mailaddress.org</kbd> and others are written <email
> some@mailaddress.org>. Is one of these ways deprecated or is there a
> deeper sense behind?

The former is deprecated. To spam crawler bots, it doesn't really matter if
there's a mailto anchor, they'll slurp them all. To people, it's nicer when
there's a mailto anchor because then they can just click on it.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.