Re: "family name, personal name" in devel/people

Hi,

From: Michael Stone <mstone@debian.org>
Subject: Re: "family name, personal name" in devel/people
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 07:32:49 -0500

> Well, this is simply an example of how you can't please all of the
> people all of the time. You brought these examples up because you didn't
> like how those developer's names appeared. You don't want them to
> conform to the way the majority of developers do things (fair enough),
> you don't want them to conform to the (admitedly ugly) uppercase
> convention (fair enough), but you still want the parser to somehow
> figure out the names (not fair) and complain about some sort of cultural
> imperialism while you're at it (unjustified, and not the first time
> you've done it.)

The parser already has many exception handlers.  I just wanted it
to have two additional handlers.  Since I recently read the parser
to solve other problem, I knew it was easy to add two handlers.

I don't think we can build a perfect parser.  If you think you can,
it is based on the "cultural imperialism".  However, it is a good
idea to design a parser which can reduce the number of exceptions
because it reduces the load of maintainance, which is why the Matt's
improvement is worthwhile.  Anyway, I'd like to praise Josip who
maintains such a script with a cluster of exception handers.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/