Re: "family name, personal name" in devel/people

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 07:48:35PM -0800, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> > > I imagine names in http://www.debian.org/devel/people have the
> > > unified format of "Surname, Given name".
> > >
> > > I found two exceptions:
> > >
> > > "Shuzo, Hatta", where "Hatta" is surname and "Shuzo" is given name.
> > >
> > > "Yuuma, Oohara", where "Oohara" is surname and "Yuuma" is given name.
> >
> > Thanks! I've added them to the exception list.
>
> I am wondering why these strange entry exist.  Are they mistake of
> original data entry?  I never see Japanese name spelled that way.
>
>  Shuzo Hatta    (Most common, Passport)
>  Hatta, Shuzo   (Many government forms, Some achademic paper)
>  Hatta Shuzo    (If you are historical figure or famous leterature writer)
>
> Where did these data originally taken?  Just curious.

>From their own packages' Maintainer fields, i.e. they wrote it themselves:

% grep-available -F Maintainer Shuzo -s Maintainer | sort -u
Maintainer: HATTA Shuzo <hattas@debian.org>
Maintainer: Hatta Shuzo <hattas@debian.org>

% grep-available -F Maintainer Yuuma -s Maintainer | sort -u
Maintainer: Oohara Yuuma <oohara@debian.org>

Perhaps one of you could politely inform these two developers that they
might get the westerners to read their name right if they changed the
ordering? :)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.