Re: Japanese name use single space between the last name and the first name?

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 04:15:01PM -0800, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> I do not care which way to write, IMHO.  But it has to be consistent.
>
> Also, getting opinion of Chinese person's preference in English context
> may be interesting.  I see most chinese names in Japanese web pages do
> not use a space between last and first name in Japanese.

You are right.  We Chinese almost never put a space between the last and
first name for native Chinese names.  It is partly because vast majority
of Chinese family names is one character in length, and there are very few
two-character family names, which are easily recognizable by most Chinese
anyway.  :-)

Cheers,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling  霍東靈  <--- Yep, no space.  :-)
ThizLinux Laboratory   <anthony@thizlinux.com> http://www.thizlinux.com/