Re: Strange change to the DSA-222 web page

* Peter Karlsson <peter@softwolves.pp.se> [2003-01-09 12:06]:
> What's the rationale for this change?
>
> -target user.  This can lead to gaining privileged access to the 'lp'
> +target user.  This can lead to gaining unprivileged access to the 'lp'
>
> If I only can gain unprivileged access, there's no security hole, right?

 Uh, you gain unprivileged access _to the lp account_ but are not
privileged to gain it.  If you would gain privileged access to an
account there shouldn't be any harm, should it :)

 Or am I thinking in the wrong direction?
Alfie
--
To err is human,
To purr feline.