Re: free in free beer? (News/2003/20030102.wml)

Hi,

From: "James A. Treacy" <treacy@debian.org>
Subject: Re: free in free beer? (News/2003/20030102.wml)
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 00:40:49 -0500

> > > The Test Drive Program is a free service of HP.
> >
> > I think that the "free" here is "free beer", not "free speech".
> >
> Correct.

I see.  I'd like to ask the meaning of another "free" in the
following sentence:

   When you
   register, you get a free shell account you can use to log into the
   wide variety of systems on the Test Drive network and try out the
   software and operating systems running on them.

I think it (free shell account) is also "free beer".  However, the
original translator seems to think about "free speech", i.e.,
"a shell account with which you can run anything you like".

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/