Re: Improving Events Visibility

Karl M. Hegbloom:

> These do not work in Evolution 1.2.  It made the appointment, but all of
> the fields say "Error: No value".

AFAICT from the ICS spec, I have included all the relevant fields, and the
files work fine when I transfer them to my Revo+. They do, however, not show
up when I transfer them to my C-Pen, but I though that might be because of
some other incompatibility.

Could you please try removing the "TRANSP:TRANSPARENT" line and try again? I
am a bit uncertain about the effect of that line.

If that does not work, it might be that the program is confused by the
encoding and language tags. Try removing the string
";CHARSET=iso-8859-1;LANGUAGE=en" from the relevant entries and try again.
If importing works fine without them, then there is a bug in your software.

If that also fails, could you perhaps check if this sample event I entered
on and exported from my Revo works (note that it conforms is an older
version of the spec):

===[ cut here ]===
BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:1.0
BEGIN:VEVENT
X-EPOCAGENDAENTRYTYPE:EVENT
UID:4
CLASS:PUBLIC
DCREATED:20021229T000000Z
LAST-MODIFIED:20021229T140600Z
DTSTART:20030101T000000Z
DTEND:20030104T000000Z
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR
===[ cut here ]===

--
\\//
Peter - peter@softwolves.pp.se

  I do not read nor respond to mail with HTML attachments.