Re: Fwd: list search doesn't know sparc
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: Josip Rodin <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Fwd: list search doesn't know sparc
- From: Mario Lombardo <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 13:13:38 -0400
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20020510122508.GB19729@cibalia.gkvk.hr>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20020510122508.GB19729@cibalia.gkvk.hr>
You entered "debian" and picked "sparc" and got a *few* results??
Come on, Josip, you should be getting thousands if I'm not mistaken.
The index isn't working. How about this; entering "collins" (for Ben
Collins) or entering my email address "email@example.com" and
filtering for sparc doesn't turn up anything, yet both Ben and myself
have posted several articles on the list. Again, the index is not
doing its job, so how can we fix it?
Also, clicking the back button after an un/successful search doesn't
retain the filter selection. Doing this in Google, Yahoo, Altavista,
etc. retains the values. I feel it should do the same with Glimpse
or whatever we're using.
I realize you folks work incredibly hard for no money, but when
things don't work, why do them at all?...Your work will be in vain.
On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 10:52:00AM -0400, Mario Lombardo wrote:
>This search engine doesn't find anything under the sparc filter.
>What's up with the index?
I entered "debian", picked "sparc" and pressed "Search", and got a few
2. That which causes joy or happiness.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com