Re: devel/index

Javier Fdz-Sanguino Pen~a:

> 	You might refer to template/translation-check.wml

That was indeed the one that I was referring to.

> 	This was a proposal I made quite some time ago (September IIRC)
> which you might find in the Mailing List.

I have read the posts about it on this list, and all of them have said that
the script is not ready, so that's why I haven't started using them. And
since I haven't had time to look at the scripts and see what needs to be
done, I'm still waiting for someone saying that it is ready.

> #use wml::debian::translation-check translation="X.X"

And in addition to changing to the above, all the Makefiles need to be
rewritten, so that the translations all depend on the originals.

Also, I would like to be able to add something like "severities", depending
on how often the page is getting to be updated. So, in some cases, I
would only add a small note when I'm one version behind, and nothing major
until three or four, while others need a big text saying that the English
version is the one to look at after every change.

> 	(we could use tags here, of course)

That would probably be a good idea.

> 	My idea is we should modify the headers of translated documents to
> use this, no coordinator, however, has done nothing around my proposal.

As I said above, since it only has been announced as being unfinished, I
haven't looked further into it.

--
\\//
peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/