Re: Please edit /etc/apache/srm.conf (to add support to Chinese web pages)

On Sat, Apr 17, 1999 at 12:02:15PM -0400, James A. Treacy wrote:
> I apologize for not being very responsive for the past week.

Don't worry.  :-)  You must have been really busy.  :-)

> On Sat, Apr 17, 1999 at 12:21:10AM -0600, Anthony Fok wrote:

> Done for both master and va. I ran a make install in the chinese
> directory and it ran fine.  It used the standard makefiles and the
> output was into *.zh.html files. Is this what is intended?
> You can view the pages at http://cgi.debian.org/www-master/debian.org/

Thank you!  They worked!  :-)  Yes, the files are generated as intended,
except that I haven't modified the makefiles to generate
index.zh-tw.html and index.zh-cn.html yet.  I have been using the
script ./Gen-cn-tw-pages.sh which calls a program b5togb that does
the charset conversion from Big5 to GB2312.  I'll have to get that
sorted out before the Chinese pages are ready to be distributed.  :-)

(I.e., ultimately, the pages will generate .zh-tw.html and zh-cn.html,
not zh.html.)

> > BTW, is there a way to notify other Debian WWW mirrors to make the
> > same changes?  Who should I contact?
> >
> I'll take care of it once everything checks out.

Great!  I'll let you know when things are ready.  Thanks a lot!  :-)

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling                Civil and Environmental Engineering
foka@ualberta.ca, foka@debian.org    University of Alberta, Canada