Re: Debian Women lunch @ DebConf 18

Hi!

El 11 de agosto de 2018 13:32:00 CEST, u <u@451f.org> escribió:
>Hi!
>
>Molly de Blanc:
>
>> COME JOIN THE OUTREACH TEAM! Please. Please please please. We'll be
>> gearing up for submitting our application for the next round of
>> Outreachy soon enough (!!!), and having more people involved would be
>great.
>>
>> I'd love to see DW/DD and the Outreach team collaborate on other
>> mentorship initiatives as well.
>>
>> If people are interested in talking about any of this mentorship
>stuff
>> in the near term, we can plan some IRC meetings.
>
>Let's do that.
>
>I think I would not be able to provide long term mentorship to anybody
>because I am too busy with other things. But: I'd happily be a point of
>contact for all sorts of questions, like "What do I need to do in order
>to $XYZ?" "Who can I talk to about $ABC?" etc. Or could there be a
>private mailing list for such questions? Private so that people dare to
>ask?

For that, for now, we have the welcome team and its page and subpages:

https://wiki.debian.org/Welcome

And the irc channel #debian-welcome

Please join the channel, add yourself to the wiki to let people know that you are available and for what:
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Welcome

>My personal feeling is that we need a list of useful things for
>newcomers, and I'd like to (collaboratively) work on that. For example:
>How do I use the BTS? Where can I learn more about packaging? How can I
>get involved in a team? Which team needs help? Which bugs could I work
>on? Where can I retrieve all sorts of information about packages? How
>can I see who maintains a package and contact them? Links to
>interesting
>parts of Debian: Autodeb, Debtags, UDD… etc.

We also have:

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianWomen/Projects/NewbieTasks

And

https://www.debian.org/intro/help