Re: Debian Women lunch @ DebConf 18

Hi Holger!

On Tue, Aug 07, 2018 at 05:56:17PM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:

> thanks for posting this summary! I'm replying to the list and not to
> gobby as I'm currently offline on my back from dc18...

Yep, thanks Ulrike for the summary!

> I believe the content team was not involved in scheduled the DW lunch.

No, it was an informal gathering, and not part of the official schedule.

> (I'm not sure how you mean those hints, I guess you plan to inform the
> content team?)

I was present and I'm part of the content team, so you can consider the
team is informed ;-)

> To the topic (of "new to DebConf" sessions) what worked nicely during the
> "DebCamp" days of the miniDebconf in Hamburg were daily standup meetings
> where everyone (who wanted) very briefly stated what they were working
> on, which helped new and 'old' people alike to better connect to others.
> I'm not sure this concept can be used at a bigger debcamp, but it surely
> worked well with 30-40 people.
>
> Key points of this format are: everybody is standing (thus helping sure
> it stays short and everybody pays attention) and forming a circle, where
> everyone explains very briefly (1-2 sentences, sometimes just 2-3 words)
> what they are doing or would like to do.
>
> Then, after the circle people can approach each other and say things
> like: "you seem to work on foo, i'm also interested in foo..."

Thanks for those hints, I'll forward them to the content team.

If we follow your suggestion, than it might be better to run this
session in an open space, as opposed to an auditorium? Would it work
as a daily moment of "checkin" in one of the hacklabs? Or just after
lunch, at the cafeteria?

Anyways, we'll be in a better position to discuss the format once we
approach DC19 and have a better idea of how we're gonna use the available
space.

Apart from this meet-and-greet session, someone might also want to
propose a "new do DebConf" session in the lines of what we had
some years ago, more focused on the conference itself ("surviving
debconf"?).

Cheers,

Tassia.