Re: Mailing List Specifics

hi Devin

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 03:08:31PM -0700, Devin Teske wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Hope everyone is going well.
>
> Someone on Twitter recently pointed me to the fact that Debian has a mailing list for women.
>
> https://twitter.com/freebsdfrau/status/714926724220264448 <https://twitter.com/freebsdfrau/status/714926724220264448>
>
> We like the idea and have started work at FreeBSD to follow-suit.
>
> I am curious if open posting (without subscription) is configured for your list.
>
> Were there any special considerations or configurations made to help protect the list from abuse, compared to other debian lists?
>
> I see that the list is not moderated here, is that something that has worked out positively or negatively?
>
> Any insight that can be provided is greatly appreciated. Cheers!

I can't reply to your all questions. However, I can summarise quickly what
this list is about. This is not a mailing list for women, this is the list
of the Debian subproject debian-women, you can read more about debian-women
at https://www.debian.org/women/

The list have the same configuration and policy that all regular debian mailing
lists.  Everybody can subscribe, it't open to posting  without being a subscriber
and there is not moderation. More about debian mailing lists at
https://www.debian.org/MailingLists/

HTH,
Ana