Striving for more diversity at DebConf15!

DebConf is the annual Debian project meeting, an event filled with discussions,
workshops and coding parties. DebConf15, the 16th Debian Conference, will be
held from 15 to 22 August 2015 in Heidelberg, Germany:
http://debconf15.debconf.org.

DebConf is not just for Debian Developers, we welcome all members of our
community active in different areas, like translation, documentation, artwork,
testing, specialized derivatives, and many other ways that help make Debian
better.

In fact, we would like to open DebConf to an even broader audience, and we
strongly believe that more diversity at DebConf and in the Debian community
will significantly help us towards our goal of becoming the Universal Operating
System.

The DebConf team is proud to announce that we have started designing a specific
diversity sponsorship programme to attract people to DebConf that would
otherwise not consider attending our conference or not be able to join us.

In order to apply for this special sponsorship, please write an email to
outreach@debian.org, before July 6th, about your interest in Debian and your
sponsorship needs (accomodation, travel). Please include a sentence or two
about why you are applying for a Diversity Sponsorship. You can also nominate
people you think should be considered for this sponsorship programme.

Please feel free to send this announcement on to groups or individuals that
could be interested in this sponsorship programme.

And we're also looking forward to your feedback. We're just getting started and
you can help shape these efforts.

See you in Heidelberg!
The DebConf Outreach Team