Re: Concern about racism and sexism in Supertuxkart 0.9

On 3 May 2015 at 14:40, Dmitry Smirnov <onlyjob@debian.org> wrote:

> Freedom is about as little censorship as possible (except extreme cases).
> Freedom is what we should be protecting even if it leaves someone offended.
> That is the price and it is just not possible to please everybody with
> censorship.

 Whose Freedom you are talking about? Sounds like you're saying that
"Upstream should be free to release anything via Debian."

 However, upstream has made it free software, which means that
"Downstream (including Debian) has freedom to change it." They would
have not chosen such a license if their intent was not to give that
freedom to Debian.

 That's my opinion, stated as upstream author of another Open Source
SW - Our intent is to give Freedom to downstream/forks/users.

 And it gets released as Open Source from Debian too - as a user
you're again free to change it from what Debian decides.

--

 There's absolutely no point in accepting sexism to Debian. In this
particular case I don't claim to know yet if there is sexism involved,

- ML