Re: Claims of racism and sexism in Supertuxkart 0.9 on Debian mailing lists

On 05/02/2015 03:34 PM, iammyr wrote:
> Thanks a lot for the clarification.
>
> I'm happy to hear there are other female characters and Sara's role
> is not only about showing off her body. In this case I personally
> have nothing more against the game.
>
> I was personally basing my opinion on the discussion and not the
> game itself and that was my bad but i felt a time pressure to reply
> before the thread was closed for lack of support/interest. This led
> to such clarifications so I like to think this discussion was not a
> waste. Indeed, in the future, I hope that games supported by Debian
> could go through an evaluation that considers things like "does it
> have female characters? are they as powerful as the others?" etc.

Oh well, thank you then for jumping into thread without any prior
knowledge and investigation, and trying to bring up censorship - that
was very productive and helpful! And NO, I don't think games should go
through censorship "does it have female> characters? are they as
powerful as the others?". People should be free to create content as
they like - and in Free software world, beside the choice that noone
is forcing you too install the game, there is also a choice of FORKING.

> @Zlatan: I did point the finger against neither anybody nor any
> group of people. I'm not saying "this or that is male's fault".
> indeed, it's the society as a whole, including both males and
> females who receives biased inputs and produces biased outputs.
> there are bad people (both males and females) though, like those
> who pushed female game developers to move house, loose jobs etc.
> only because of their opinions and job roles (again, it's a
> reference to gamergate).

We aren't gamer gate, supertuxkart isn't gamers gate and your problem
with society isn't problem of supertuxkart nor Debian. And I don't
really care, but if you put some sentences - back them up with
research or links! And stop jumping into threads doing just blank
accusations and spreading misinformations around.

> Thanks, Myriam

Cheers,

zlatan
- --