Re: debian-women / female GSoC candidates

Just a follow up on this

The GSoC student deadline is about to pass and Debian has several
female applicants.

Two of the applicants for one of my projects are female students who
previously applied to Outreach Program for Women in 2013.

Juliana (from Brazil):

https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2014/StudentApplications/JulianaLouback

Chandrika (from India):

https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2014/StudentApplications/ChandrikaParimoo

Therefore, as we begin the evaluation/selection phase, I am
particularly keen to establish if anybody from the debian-women group
would want to collaborate either officially or unofficially on this.

Reading through the minutes from the successful women's mini-DebConf,
I notice there is some interest in attracting women from more diverse
locations and also reaching out to younger women.  Besides GSoC, the
whole multimedia and RTC space itself is highly relevant to these
ambitions.

The full list of projects and applicants is here: