Re: Please signal boost the Empowermentors Collective!

On Sun, 2013-06-30 at 23:15 +0900, Alice Ferrazzi wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 10:37 PM, Sam Kuper <sam.kuper@uclmail.net> wrote:
> > Hi Kyra,
> >
> > On 30/06/2013, Kẏra <kxra@fsf.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm working really hard on reaching out to other intersectionally
> >> marginalized POC to join the Empowermentors Collective!
> >
> > For those of us who have never encountered this terminology before
> > (I'm guessing I'm not the only one), please could you explain what is
> > meant by "intersectionally marginalized POC"?
> If you go to the website the About us section said:
> The Empowermentors Collective is a skillshare, activism, and
> discussion network for intersectionally marginalized people of color
> in the free culture and free software movement.

To answer the question, this paragraph in the link explains what that
means:

"We say “intersectionally marginalized" to refer to people of color who
experience intersectionality, that is, the interactions of multiple
systems of oppression. This means we are open to all people of color
with disabilities, trans* people of color, queer people of color, women
of color, class oppressed people of color, etc."