Re: OPW intern / women's mini-conf 2014 travel?

On 05/11/13 10:30, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> On 05/11/13 at 10:24 +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>>
>> I'm just wondering if the OPW budget is also aiming to assist the OPW
>> intern with travel to the women's mini-debconf in 2014?
>>
>> This would be an interesting way to emphasize the continuity of the
>> program and encourage candidates, many of them who seem to be new to
>> Debian, to consider their involvement in Debian beyond the period they
>> are employed to make a contribution to the project.
>>
>> If it is something that the DPL can commit to maybe it could be added on
>> the OPW wiki?
> Hi,
>
> That's indeed a good idea. However, it's a hard bit to say yes or no
> without any indication on the number of interns (not completely
> impossible that we will have two if the fundraising continues like that)
> and their expected travel costs.

I leave it at the admins' discretion how to communicate the idea

GSoC had a lot of last minute interest from people before the deadline,
OPW may well be the same, so regardless of if/how this is funded it may
be helpful to have the mini-DebConf mentioned on the OPW wiki so it
benefits from the extra exposure