Re: New To OPW

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 4:21 PM, Shagun Shaily <shinyshaily@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I just recently heard about O.P.W from my college seniors.I am completely
> new to open source world and new to such programs as well.I am interested in
> contributing to 2 projects of Debian community.Please guide me how to
> proceed forward,what to do next,how shall I apply for them.
>

> Thanks
>
> --
> Regards
> Shagun Shaily
> Student.
> U.I.E.T,Punjab University

Hi Shaigan,

The first step would be to review the coding [1] and non-coding [2]
projects we have listed, and see if anything is interesting.

Once you have done, the next step would be to contact the mentor
listed on the project listing, and ask them what small contribution to
that project you could do. (A small contribution to a given project is
a prerequisite for applying to OPW.)

If you have any questions, or run into any issues, feel free to reach
back out to this mailing list.

Thanks,
Brian

[1] - https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2013/Projects