Re: OPW HELP

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 3:36 PM, Laura Arjona <larjona99@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Ashvini, and welcome!
>
> 2013/10/3 Ashvini Varatharaj <ashvinivaratharaj@gmail.com>:
>>
>> Hello!
>>  I am a third year Engineering student of Information science. I have
>> knowledge of C , C++  and currently learning java. I recently came across
>> the OPW  and I am very much interested and excited about it.I read that
>> Debian project uses C,C++ .Can you please help me out where to start and how
>> to start contributing ?
>
> Well, I'm a non-coding contributor (translator) and not Debian
> developer (yet) but meanwhile more experienced people guide you, what
> I recommend is:
>
> 1.- Have a look at our (still in development) wiki page for NewbieTasks:
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianWomen/Projects/NewbieTasks
>
> And in particular, I recommend the video of Lucas Nussbaum (our Debian
> Project Leader!) about
> "Get involved! It's not that hard! Five paths to become a Debian
> contributor" (just 8min, in English):
> http://ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/debian-meetings/2012/mini-debconf-paris/lt-lucas-involve.ogv
>
> 2.- For OPW, probably you already did it, but if not, have a look at
> the wiki page
> https://wiki.debian.org/OutreachProgramForWomen
> to know how the program works.
>
> About the list of available projects for this round, there are some
> non-coding proposals
> (https://wiki.debian.org/OutreachProgramForWomen/NonCodingProjects );
> about the code projects, I'm not sure if there is any project not
> covered in Google Summer of Code. Please contact the coordinators to
> ask.

Hi Ashvini!

The coding projects that we have already identified for this round of
OPW are here: https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2013/Projects (We
use the same page for GSoC and OPW coding projects since they follow
the same criteria.)

I see that there is one project that sounds like it's probably a good
fit (requires C/C++ knowledge):

https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2013/Projects#MIPS_N32.2FN64_ABI_port

Please don't hesitate to follow up if you have any questions.

-Brian

P.S. - I am one of the coordinators for OPW this year.